The Motor Control Research Lab at UIUC focuses on how the central nervous system controls movements from physiological and behavioral perspectives. We look at mobility, balance, and gait as a function of aging and impairments to investigate the following:
- Risk, mechanisms and prevention of falls in people with MS
- How gait and balance are affected by MS
- Cognitive motor interference in walking
- Theoretical motor control
The MCRL constantly researches how people’s everyday lives are affected by age and impairments. Because of this, we are always in need of huge variety of willing participants ranging in age from 18-75 years.
If you are interested in being a participant, you have several options.
- You can fill out the form to the right
- You can call Jen Wajda at (217) 300-1696
- You can email Jen Wajda at StopFallsMS@illinois.edu